According to the NHS 1 in 4 for us dread going to the dentist. For some, it’s the fear of being told we need to have painful treatment carried out. For others, it’s the memory of going to the dentist as a child and feeling really scared. The noises and smells of the dental practice may also conjure up bad memories.
Here at Eastside Dental we aim to create a friendly, inviting atmosphere. We often get feedback from our patients telling us they instantly feel at ease when they come into the practice as it really doesn’t feel like a sterile, clinical environment. Our waiting area and treatment rooms are modern, bright and comfortable. We also pride ourselves on our wonderful team here at Eastside, our priority is you and your oral health.
If you’re apprehensive about coming to the dentist, we’ve put together some tips to help you feel more at ease before you visit us.
- Come and visit us before you book your first appointment, you can have a look around and meet the team. We can also let your dentist know beforehand that you are apprehensive, so they can help to make you feel even more comfortable during your appointment.
- If you can, pick an appointment time early in the morning so you have less time to worry yourself and enjoy the rest of your day.
- View the first visit as your chance to get to know the team. Remember that the first appointment with us will simply be a check-up.
- If it will put you more at ease, bring someone along with you for extra support. Our dentists won’t mind.
- You could agree a sign with the dentist to signal that you need a break and want them to stop. It can be as simple as raising your hand and will help you feel more in control.
- If you do require any treatment after the initial check-up, you could start with something simple such as a small filling and gradually build up to more extensive treatment once you’ve established trust and rapport with your dentist.
- Listen to music during your treatments. The noises can often seem a lot worse than what’s actually going on!
If you’d like to speak to us about joining the practice, get in touch on 01792 642733 or email email@example.com.